Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back from Africa!

Ok, I'm really bad about posting.

We just recently came back from a 16 day vacation in Africa! Yes, Africa! Our first stop was to Egypt, visiting the pyramids and tombs. Pretty neat and lots of history to take in. We had an amazing guide with us the whole time. And guess what? Egypt is safe! Albeit the crazy driving techniques and children in the streets with cars zooming past. We never once felt threatened. It was awesome! After 3 days in Egypt (2 in Cairo with a day in Luxor squished inbetween...we took an overnight train...do not do that! It was awful!) we flew overnight to Johannesburg and then caught a plane to Zimbabwe. Victoria Falls was amazing! So we can check off 2 natural wonders of the WORLD (we went to the Grand Canyon 3 years ago). We're planning on going to Australia some day so the Great Barrier Reef will be seen! Anywho, after spending 3 days in Zimbabwe, we flew back to Johannesburg, stayed the night there, and then drove to Kruger National Park to spend the rest of our vacation. It was amazing!! We saw so many animals, definitely the highlight of our trip. Well, our trip was to just go to Kruger, but we added a few stops along the way.




Now back to reality. Since I do not have work over the summer, I am now a housewife. Hubby had to go back into the real world. I have started working out again, so we'll see how long that lasts ;). I'm running/walking on the treadmill for 30 min. each day and playing Just Dance 3 on the Wii...I miss dancing so much so this is a lot of fun for me. :) 

Edit: I was suppose to post this a couple of days ago, but I guess I got distracted....I have had a fever all weekend so the workouts have stopped. If I don't have a fever on Monday, I'll continue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment