Saturday, July 14, 2012

So today is day 3 of my workouts. The first day, I posted about it, but didn't feel sore at all. Now, yesterday's and today's workouts have made me feel it all! That's probably because I didn't push myself when I'm by myself than with my husband. Jeff decided to join me yesterday and today. Yesterday, we did the stairs 3 times (my stupid arch was killing me), did the big loop and small loop once, then did the hill just 1/2 of one (we walked down it), and then we wanted to go for another hour, so we walked around the lake (4 miles). It wasn't a leisurely stroll, I have two blisters, and his knee started bothering him.

 So, today, since my blisters were hurting and his heel was hurting as well, we decided to not do any long walking. We did the stairs for 2 times (the 2nd time, we tried trotting up them.....yeah, that was fun on my arch), and then decided to take a trail over to the hill. Once we walked down it, Jeff thought,"Hey, we could probably run up this thing." I looked at him like he was crazy....and he was because I couldn't run all the way....not even half way. It was awful, but I tried and gave it my all. It is something that I can work on and will be so happy when I actually run up it one time. We walked the hill for our 2nd time, and then the third time, running....I made it a little farther than the first time, though! I was really proud of myself for that. We decided to do the big and small loop at a leisurely pace, then Jeff started noticing the playground. He gets the idea that we could do some sit-ups/crunches and some pull-ups. I'm thinking,"Great! My own personal trainer!" lol, but once we got back to the playground after looping, we did some sets of crunches (me) and sit-ups (Jeff), Jeff tried doing pull-ups (he could only do 3, which is 3 more than me!), but there was something about looking at him while he was trying them. He looked hot! (Well, we were both dripping sweat....haha). So, I did a total of 70 crunches, a few push-ups, and then I jumped and tried to do some pull-ups that way, but had to be careful of how I landed so that was good on the arms.

We were almost out of water by the end of that, so we headed home. We have some redbox codes from Totinos pizzas that Jeff ate while I was visiting my family this past March/April, so we went to rent the movie, 21 Jump Street. Unfortunately, the code didn't work, but Redbox has a nice e-mail from me.

Meals:
Yesterday: breakfast: bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats, skim milk
                 lunch: one piece of Pizza Hut Thin Crust pizza, a tangerine, and some grapes
                 dinner: manicotti (3 pcs), garlic bread
Today: breakfast: same as above
            lunch: pepperoni totinos pizza (can you tell we like pizza)
            dinner: chicken fajitas, con quesa dip, and chips

So, yeah, not really on a diet, but I am going to try out some protein shakes next week to replace lunch. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment