Sunday, March 24, 2013

I'm back....sort of

       Ok, wow, a lot has been going on in our lives. We have suffered a couple of losses in the past couple months. The most devastating loss would be my precious niece. My twin sister and her hubby were expecting her first child. They tried so hard to become pregnant and then 2 days past my sis's due date, the nurses could not find a heartbeat. Joy had been born an angel, and she looked the part. She was the sweetest and most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. Please keep my family in your prayers as we are trying to move on, but we don't really want to.
      My other loss would be a job opportunity for teaching 3rd grade. I guess God has other plans for me and teaching is not in my future. I feel defeated and I'm tired of being disappointed. I have made the decision to just continue to substitute teach. I make pretty good money substituting and we're fine with that. I am getting the opportunity to long-term substitute teach for a 5th grade teacher starting on April 8th so I'm looking forward to being in the same classroom every day. I could have stayed until the last day of school, but my last day of substitute teaching for the school year is May 20th. The reason is because on May 21st we are leaving for.........


AFRICA!!! My hubby, mother-in-law, and father-in-law are going to be visiting Cairo, Egypt and Luxor, Egypt, and then flying down to Johannesburg to fly to Victoria Falls for a day or so, and then down to Kruger National Park to visit a few camps to see some animals. I am beyond thrilled!! We will return on June 5th. We have a website that is dedicated for our vacations, but I want to try out blogging (plus the website is for close family and friends, not complete strangers) our vacation.

Also, I am a Pinterest fan and I may start posting my trials and stuff. Should be fun! Wish me luck!

Oh and holy snow batman! This is the most snow that our area have received all season. I believe we may be up to a foot already or close to it! I'm so glad this is my spring break!

A few things to look forward to:

  • Making brownies that a friend made that is from a box, but are made in such a way that it tastes heavenly
  • I have some leftover frozen strawberries, so I'm going to try to make some frozen strawberry lemonade 
  • I have some ranch dip packets, so I'm going to make my mom's ranch dip that includes sour cream and ranch dip, and that's it! So yummy! And I hate ranch and sour cream, but together, it's so so good, but beware of your breath! lol
I am on a Pinterest kick and who knows if I'll actually post anything, but I'll try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment